[accessibility] Testing PDF tagging with a pdf generated using pdflatex

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:22:41 CET 2018

Hi Boris

You wrote
--
This is a further evidence of the fact that the problem is very hard.

While the authors of pdfx are among the best TeX programmers, the package
is, unfortunately, very fragile.  Whenever I ought to use it for
production, I ended up patching it for compatibility with the packages I
needed.
--

Please would you share your patches with us. Are they available somewhere?
They would help us learn from your valuable experience.

By the way, here are some URLs I've found for the LaTeX pdfx package.
https://ctan.org/pkg/pdfx
http://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/pdfx/pdfx.pdf
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/79947/generating-pdf-a-1b-compliant-documents-using-pdfx-and-pdflatex
http://support.river-valley.com/wiki/index.php?title=Generating_PDF/A_compliant_PDFs_from_pdftex
https://www.mathstat.dal.ca/~selinger/pdfa/

At first sight, the last URL seems to be most useful. In particular, it
contains a step-by-step guide as to how the author (Peter Selinger)
produced fairly accessible PDF from his PhD thesis source.

I hope this helps.

Jonathan