[accessibility] Some questions about tagged PDF

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 13:47:03 CET 2016

Hi

I agree with the statement, that producing PDF that meets
accessibility standards is worth doing. The recent posts from Ross
Moore and others interest me, and I'd like to be able to help.

I'd like to check my understanding of tagged PDF, and of the problem
to be solved.  I'd be most grateful if the experts on this list could
answer or comment on the questions below.

1. Is https://taggedpdf.com/what-is-a-tagged-pdf/ a fair summary of
what a tagged PDF is?
2. Could a suitable tool create a useful HTML or XML document from a tagged PDF?
3. It there already such a tool?

Thank you in advance.

with best regards

Jonathan