[accessibility] Making PDFs produced from Latex accessible - part 2

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Fri Dec 9 02:01:37 CET 2016

Begin forwarded message:

From: Boris Veytsman <borisv at lk.net<mailto:borisv at lk.net>>
Date: 4 November 2016 4:32:02 AM AEDT
To: Volker Sorge <volker.sorge at gmail.com<mailto:volker.sorge at gmail.com>>
Cc: <ross.moore at mq.edu.au<mailto:ross.moore at mq.edu.au>>, <jbigham at cs.cmu.edu<mailto:jbigham at cs.cmu.edu>>, <karl at freefriends.org<mailto:karl at freefriends.org>>
Subject: Re: Making PDFs produced from Latex accessible

VS> From: Volker Sorge <volker.sorge at gmail.com<mailto:volker.sorge at gmail.com>>
VS> Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 09:51:26 -0700

VS> Having said that, I am still hoping that we can come up with a pragmatic
VS> initial solution, and find funding for it, that will help authors with some
VS> of the most important tasks, i.e., using the Google credo: "get out a beta
VS> asap and then iterate". I think this is better achieved by a small group of
VS> people, than on a public mailing list, which might dilute discussions.

Ross, Volker, could you estimate the funding needs?  I cannot promise
anything, but if I had a number, I could start talking to the
publishers.

If you could write a one page summary for non-technical people: here
is what we plan to do, here is how much money we need, this would
help.

--
Good luck

-Boris

Nothing is rich but the inexhaustible wealth of nature.
She shows us only surfaces, but she is a million fathoms deep.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Begin forwarded message: