Which place for docs in French, German, etc?

Pierre MacKay TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 14:34:33 -0800

Why us?  Why not uk? On some of the multilingual packages
I have seen from Sun, the suffix is actually eng, which is
grossly misleading---I thought it meant engineering.

In the LOCALE directories, the suffix is en.
At least it is for cases of mutually unintelligible
dialects as: en_AU en_CA en_IE en_NZ.  US English
is actually en_US, if anyone cares to use it instead of

UK English is en_UK

%=======================================================================%
|                             N O T I C E                               |
|  Please note the changes in address and telephone number below.       |
|  There is no Northwest Computing Support Center any longer.           |
|  Until further notice, I shall be continuing to provide tape          |
|  distributions  and whatever other services I can.                    |
Email concerned with UnixTeX distribution software may be sent
To:     mackay@cs.washington.edu		Pierre A. MacKay
Smail:  Department of Classics			Emeritus Druid for
	Denny Hall, Mail Stop DH-10		Unix-flavored TeX
	University of Washington
	Seattle, WA 98195
	(206) 543-2268 (Message recorder)