TUG Unix CD: HTML documentation

Sebastian Rahtz TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 11:05:32 GMT

Ulrik Vieth writes:
 > last night I've assembled the first package mostly containing
 > texi2html and HTML documentation converted from Texinfo sources.
 > Where shall I upload the .tar.gz file?
excellent. put on incoming on ftp.tex.ac.uk, please

 > more or less up to the installer.  So, I have taken the liberty
 > to occupy texmf/doc/html/ for a start and also added a little
 > framework such as putting a few icons into texmf/doc/html/icons.
i think we are all not entirely sure how this should all work, so i
think your approach of "this is what i think, i have done it, let
anyone who objects say so" is probably the best!

 > bin/texi2html
bin/share, surely. then everything in bin/share can be linked back to
bin/system at the last minute

 > man/man1/texi2html.1
non-ISO. but ok for man

 > texmf/doc/html/index.html