issue with font installation

Bob Tennent rdtennent at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 14:40:10 CET 2024

> I used  otftorfm

Did you mean otftotfm?

> as well as the online pfb creation.

I don't know what online creator you're referring to.

> There is no longer otftot1

Did you mean cfftot1?

> to do this, the directory web2c needed to be manually installed

The man page for otftotfm says

  On older teTeX installations, you may first  need to copy the system's
updmap.cfg file to $HOME/texmf/web2c and run mktexlsr(1).  On newer TeXLive
installations, you may need to set the TEXMFVAR environment variable.

There are web2c directories under texmf-var, texmf-local and texmf-dist.
You might want a personal web2c under ~/.texliveXXXX.

I suggest using autoinst in the fontools bundle as a wrapper around the
LCDFTypeTools.

Bob Tennent