conflict between lineno and amsmath packages in TeXLive 2022? Some environments (like \gather) are already defined

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Jan 6 15:26:22 CET 2023

Am Fri, 6 Jan 2023 14:07:41 +0000 schrieb Jonathan Fine:

> Hi
>
> How about asking TeXLive to revert lineno to the previous version (which it
> seems does not have this conflict with amsmath). Perhaps overall this would
> make the best of what there is.

Well for me it wouldn't be the best. I don't want to loose the
features of the new version.

Apart from this is not texlive's job. In an emergency, if e.g. the
format fails completly, reverting could be an option, but not for
such a trivial error which can be resolved by loading a package
earlier. If they start this they would have lots to do as regularly
packages have larger or smaller errors after an update.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/