Re: psnfss and lw35nfss

KNAPPEN@vkpmzd.kph.uni-mainz.de writes:
 > I don't think, that support for esperanto is a purely academic thing: There
 > is an active book production in esperanto which needs either a ready-made
 > \^\j or the \j itself.
i didnt mean Esperanto is academic; but it is mildly obscure. why not
just use a font which has dotlessj, if you need it?

 > Furthermore, I think, that TeXtures and Y&Y don't have the right to block a
 > possible progress. It can be done with dvips, and it should be done. I am
i dont entirely agree. solutions should not depend on idiosyncracies
of one driver

 > pretty sure, that the commercial TeX vendors will incorporate support for
 > the dotless j, as soon as their customers demand it.

the problem is not the TeX vendors, but the font vendors. if a font
has dotless j, it'll be used. The Lucida fonts have it, for instance.

sebastian