[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 8r encoding + xdvi :-(
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: 8r encoding + xdvi :-(
- From: David Aspinall <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 12:23:27 +0100
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Thomas Esser <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-Reply-To: Your message of Tue, 30 May 1995 10:37:34 BST. <9505300837.AA25130@regulus.dbis.uh>
Thomas Esser said:
> Now the true story: the reencoding *does* work and it does work with
> the commercial type1 fonts from adobe as well as with the .gsf
I've communicated with him and discovered that he tested Times
(ptmr8r), for which there is no problem whether gsftopk uses .gsf or
.pfa files. I didn't test the Times .gsf files, so I assumed that
gsftopk got ptmr8r right because I was using a "real" Type 1 source.
HOWEVER, there *are* problems for other fonts. In particular, Thomas
has checked my findings that the font tables for pbkl8r and pplr8r are
incorrect when viewed in xdvi. Using dvips/gs I get a slightly
different (less bad!) mess --- in particular, the ligatures and other
characters aren't missing.
Thomas and I were using gs3.33, which seems to have introduced the
problem. I've just tested with gs 2.6.1 and and older font set;
things seem to be okay there.
I'll ask on comp.lang.postscript to see if somebody can advise.