[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: mathptm + cmex9
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: mathptm + cmex9
- From: Sebastian Rahtz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 10:00:14 +0100
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <199807010842.KAA08184@attila.uni-duesseldorf.de>
- References: <9655-Wed01Jul1998081428email@example.com> <199807010842.KAA08184@attila.uni-duesseldorf.de>
Ulrik Vieth writes:
> > does cmex10 scaled down produce identical results in terms of spacing?
> I just tested it: Although the CHARHT and CHARDP is the same, CHARWD
> differs by as much as 0.3pt. I'm afraid we can't change it it mathptm
> due to the requirement for metrics compatibilitiy, but it shouldn't be
> a problem for mathptmx.
OK, fine. David can consider switching to mathptmx for pslatex, but we
really have a duty not to make mathptm change.
Thomas/David, mathptmx has a variety of changes, including use of the
RSFS fonts. Ulrik is trying to mathptm and mathptmx co-exist, with the
idea of pushing new documents to use the "x", improved, package.