[XeTeX] [tex-live] Seemingly inexplicable shift in page origin between TL 2014 and TL 2016

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Jul 15 09:28:19 CEST 2016

David Carlisle wrote:

> well that'll be the page size special change as mentioned earlier I > assume. what does \usepackage [nosetpagesize]{color} do?

Success :-)  The page reverts to its correct position.  Thank you, David.  But when you say "that will be the page size special change mentioned earlier", is that "mentioned earlier in this thread", or elsewhere, and do you have a message-ID by which I can search for it ?  I am intrigued to know why a package intended to support colour would want to set page size, though, and wonder from where it gets its information regarding the intended page size, since by the time that package {color} is loaded I have set all possible page dimensions to my intended size (B5, in this case).

** Phil.
--

Philip Taylor