[XeTeX] [tex-live] Seemingly inexplicable shift in page origin between TL 2014 and TL 2016

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Fri Jul 15 09:46:05 CEST 2016

Hi Phil.

On Jul 15, 2016, at 5:28 PM, Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk<mailto:P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk>> wrote:

 I am intrigued to know why a package intended to support colour would want to set page size, though, and wonder from where it gets its information regarding the intended page size,

One of my messages answered this.
It is so that  \setpagecolor  can work correctly.
A coloured rectangle is drawn, at the size of the full page.
 \shipout  is patched to do it on every page.

since by the time that package {color} is loaded I have set all possible page dimensions to my intended size (B5, in this case).

Try  \pagecolor{yellow}  or somesuch.
Enjoy.

** Phil.
--
<Mail Attachment.jpeg>
Philip Taylor

Ross

Dr Ross Moore

Mathematics Dept | Level 2, S2.638 AHH
Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia

T: +61 2 9850 8955  |  F: +61 2 9850 8114<tel:%2B61%202%209850%209695>
M:+61 407 288 255<tel:%2B61%20409%20125%20670>  |  E: ross.moore at mq.edu.au<mailto:rick.minter at mq.edu.au>

http://www.maths.mq.edu.au<http://mq.edu.au/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D030BE.D37A46F0]<http://mq.edu.au/>

CRICOS Provider Number 00002J. Think before you print.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.<http://mq.edu.au/>

This message is intended for the addressee named and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not
necessarily the views of Macquarie University.<http://mq.edu.au/>