[XeTeX] Σχετ: Plain XeTeX, pdftitle, pdfinfo

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 16:38:36 CEST 2016

On 10/7/16 13:28, Philip Taylor wrote:
> Oops, missed that Zdeněk  , but even after correcting the error the
> diagnostics remain the same.   I have a work-around (I generate a
> one-page PDF using XeLaTeX with the necessary metadata and then
> append the real PDF); the result is PDF/X-1A compliant, but the
> printer will have to be instructed not to print page one, so I would
> prefer a cleaner solution

Presumably, hyperref accomplishes its thing by inserting some kind of
\special, so it should be possible, at least in principle, to examine
the code to see what it's generating and then reproduce that using plain
commands.

Or alternatively, given that trawling through hyperref's macros may be
heavy going, you could generate a minimal .xdv file with xelatex (using
-no-pdf) and then examine this with a binary-capable editor/viewer to
see what pdf specials have been inserted. Then write plain-based code to
generate the same in your xetex document.

JK