[XeTeX] fontspec and languages

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 18:47:47 CEST 2013

2013/9/11 Javier Bezos <listas at tex-tipografia.com>:

>> Last time I heard from him on this, it was something in the lines of "I
>> wish I didn't implement \addfontfeatures", say I maintain my position
>> that people should avoid it whenever possible, it is just a hack.
>

> And the alternative is...?

IMHO it would be unfortunate not to have \addfontfeatures. For
instance, if the font has small caps features and I need to emphasize
by small caps, I redefine \emph to add this feature and it is not
necessary to repeat other features. I can also select locally lining
digits when typesetting a table and use proportional digits otherwise.
When typing a text in Devanagari I can add a Mapping only within a
group where the input is written in a transliteration.

> Javier

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz