[XeTeX] centering using geometry package

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Nov 20 09:14:39 CET 2011

On 11/20/2011 01:48 AM, Kevin Godby wrote:

> The vertical line on the far right is showing where the marginpar area
> starts.  That vertical line is the left margin of the \marginpars.
> The distance between the right edge of your box and that vertical line
> is \marginparsep.  The width of the marginpar area (i.e., the width of
> the margin notes) is \marginparwidth.

Very good!

Daniel,

Your document has another problem ---if you use A2 instead of A3 as
paper size, you'll see your document has a page number. You need to put

\thispagestyle{empty}

right after \begin{document}. If you want to be sure your text area is
centered (it is), use the crop package with an extra 2cm per side; then,
when your done, you can comment out the crop line before sending your
work to the printing shop. What I would do, then, is this:

\documentclass{book}
\setlength{\parskip}{0mm}%
\setlength{\parindent}{0mm}%
\usepackage{geometry}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}
\geometry{
   xetex,
   paperwidth=297mm,paperheight=420mm,landscape,
   centering,twoside=false,
   ignoreall,
   textheight=284mm,textwidth=400mm,
   truedimen,
%  showframe
   }
\usepackage[cam,width=440mm,height=324mm,center]{crop}
\begin{document}%
\thispagestyle{empty}
\psset{unit=1mm}%
\begin{pspicture}(-200,-142)(200,142)%

\psframe[fillstyle=none,linestyle=dotted,linecolor=blue](-200,-142)(200,142)%
\end{pspicture}%
\end{document}%

Best

Axel