[XeTeX] XeTeX documentation "initiative"

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 10:22:37 CEST 2010

>greatly diminished. OpenType Math is still in a very early stage in XeTeX and
>has so many bugs that it is not ready for production use.

I think this is a wrong statement: OpenType Math is by itself in early stage.
Only
two-three products make use of it.

> - Of course ConTeXt mustn't be ignored. ConTeXt Mk  IV, which is based on
>LuaTeX,
>
> seems to have everything that is missing from  LaTeX: a stable, coherent
>interface, a well-designed
>
> architecture that makes  LaTeX-style hacking and package clashes unnecessary,
>XML support,
>
> micro-typography, OpenType math, and much more.

Even if this true, why so few people use ConTeXt? IMHO, ConTeXt is more
difficult to learn and use
than LaTeX. In a final analysis, you cannot force people to use something just
because you
think it is better. You have to convince them and so far it seems they are not.

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece