[XeTeX] XeTeX documentation "initiative"

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Sun Sep 12 10:51:39 CEST 2010

Am 12.09.2010 um 04:12 schrieb Will Robertson:

> On 2010-09-12 05:11:54 +0930, Philipp Stephani <st_philipp at yahoo.de> said:
>
>> OpenType Math is still in a very early stage in XeTeX and has so many bugs that it is not ready for production use.
>
> Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Unfortunately OpenType Math does have bugs on Linux 64 bit that even cause segmentation faults. :-(
This has nothing to do with unicode-math, which is great work and seems to be very stable (at least on OS X).
But I don't expect something that was introduced a few months ago to be stable! The progress of both XeTeX and unicode-math has been truly amazing, and probably it will be production-ready in a few months. So no "vote of no confidence" from me, only a vote to wait a bit.
For most users unicode-math and OpenType math in XeTeX were born yesterday with the release of TeX Live 2010, so I think it's just too early for a general recommendation.

> And where are all these OpenType math fonts you'd like to use?

Cambria Math...