[XeTeX] Biblatex and Biber UTF-8 file

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Nov 13 02:10:25 CET 2010

On Nov 12, 2010, at 6:10 PM, Karljurgen Feuerherm wrote:

> Thanks, Herb. I'll probably do that when I'm back at the office on Monday. I was doing individual ones because I'm at home in the country at the moment. I didn't realize after downloading TL2010 at the office that I'd be needing other things.
>
> When TL2010 was first announced, I was monitoring messages and got the impression it would be best to wait a while as it seemed to have introduced some instabilities (fontspec comes to mind). But it turned out that something I compiled complained that I was using TL2009 and that I should be upgrading (I've forgotten now what it was), hence the upgrade the other day.
>
> I should be ok now, I think. Just a matter of figuring out how the stuff works, now... (BTW I'm new to Mac, as well as to *TeX. So it's a lot to adjust to in a short time. But it's coming along well.)

Howdy,

A lot to adjust to indeed. If you were used to Windows before it'll take a while just to undo ``bad'' habits and then learn the ``Mac Way'' of looking at the world. As far as TeX is concerned at some point you'll probably want to learn some Terminal (Command Line) stuff to fully understand some of the system but one thing at a time.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)