[XeTeX] [texlive] opentype fonts from $TEXMFLOCAL

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Mar 25 10:22:52 CET 2010

Diederick C. Niehorster wrote:

> I found out now that if I add the directory where the fonts are to
> C:\texlive\2009\texmf-var\fonts\conf\fonts.conf, all works well (as is
> suggested in many tutorials). So I could stick with that, but was
> hoping I could cleanly keep all my manual changes confined to my
> $TEXMFLOCAL tree :)

What happens if you clone an unmodified instance of "fonts.conf" to your
the corresponding location (creating it if necessary) in your TEXMFLOCAL
tree and then modify that copy ?

Philip Taylor