[XeTeX] Fwd: xetex, itrans and telugu

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Thu Mar 25 08:23:16 CET 2010

El mar 25, 2010, a las 7:56 a.m., Kattamuri Ekanadham escribió:

> 1. I went to the above web site and copied the files and tried the example that was given there and processed on MAC using TexShop (XeLatex),
> using Devanagari. It produced a pdf file. But the ligatures are not done correctly. Is this the way it is supposed to be or am I doing some thing wrong.

I think you have changed the output script but not the mapping used.

This was coded for Kannada, not for Devanagari.  The change required for proper Devanagari is only a minor one -- see attached.

I think one only needs to worry about the *.map files; the *.tec are produced using teckit_compile.  See http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=TECkitDownloads and related for more information.

> 3. Where would I find the Unicode tables for Telugu, so  that I can produce the same forms as given in your software at the link.

Just googled and found this: http://unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0C00.pdf

Regards,

Shrisha Rao