[XeTeX] No clipping support in XeTeX and \textcelsius

Tiandao Li litd99 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 04:21:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

\documentclass[letterpaper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage[cm-default]{fontspec} % provides font selecting commands
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
%\usepackage{xunicode}% provides unicode character macros
%\usepackage{xltxtra} % provides some fixes/extras
\usepackage{textcomp}

\begin{document}

Today is 25\textcelsius.

\end{document}

edit it using vim, then :! xelatex %. Without packages of xunicode and
xltxtra, ℃ shows correctly. I am using Ubuntu 9.10 with xetex from texlive
(2007).

Tiandao