[XeTeX] Mono-spaced fonts problem solved?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jul 15 01:54:32 CEST 2009

Am 14.07.2009 um 21:09 schrieb Luisa:

> I've been noticing strange behaviour of xetex when using monospaced
> fonts,
> actually, the offending behaviour only raises when  puncuation
> signs are
> present, it looks like xetex's adding extra space for them.

I tried that with two fonts in an up-to-date TeX Live 2008 and in pre-
test TeX Live 2009. Both behave the same way, they don't add too much
space after punctuation, IMO ('though it looks as if \frenchspacing
seems to add more space – but it's actually glue). You should give a
small example and also try other mono-spaced fonts to see how they
behave.

--
Greetings

   Pete