[XeTeX] Mono-spaced fonts problem solved?

Nikos Platis nplatis at freemail.gr
Tue Jul 14 22:21:46 CEST 2009

He is probably referring to the same problem mentioned at least twice in
this list. See for example the thread starting here:
http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2009-April/012835.html
and more directly this older message:
http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/xetex/2009-March/012372.html

I am wondering if this is solved indeed.

Nikos

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 22:31, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 14 Jul 2009, at 20:09, Luisa wrote:
>
>  Hi guys!
>>
>> I've been noticing strange behaviour of xetex when using monospaced fonts,
>> actually, the offending behaviour only raises when  puncuation signs are
>> present, it looks like xetex's adding extra space for them.
>>
>> I begun looking on the net for this, finding reports of the same problem
>> within this same mailing list, but without solution a priori.
>>
>> So I wanted to ask if this has been solved already, or is it that the ones
>> which have asked this are doing something wrong?
>>
>> Among other things, I've tried enabling frenchspacing, and even producing
>> similiar texts with inkscape and plain tex at the beginign, so as to check
>> the problem is not in the font itself (tried with different mono fonts
>> anyway), etc.
>>

> It's hard to be sure exactly what you mean without seeing an example, but
> this sounds like it might be a font-metrics bug in the xdvipdfmx driver,
> which was fixed in the source a month or so ago. So the version that ships
> with TeX Live 2009 (currently being tested in preparation for release)
> should solve this.
>
> JK

Nikos Platis
Lecturer                                    http://www.uop.gr/~nplatis/
University of Peloponnese                        email:  nplatis at uop.gr
Department of Computer Science and Technology      tel: +30 2710 372264
"The empires of the future are the empires of the mind." - W. Churchill
               New Textbook:  Graphics&  Visualization
          http://www.akpeters.com/product.asp?ProdCode=2744