[XeTeX] Symbol fonts?

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Wed Feb 18 18:12:14 CET 2009

On 18 Feb 2009, at 16:58, Nicolas Vaughan wrote:

> Hi Fr. Michael,
> Sorry, same result.
>
> However, I tried the following; I converted with a font editor the
> TTF to OTF, and it worked fine in XeTeX (I don't know if this
> implies some kind of copyright infringement, though).
>
> I wonder if this difficulty in handling TT symbol fonts is due to
> the XeTeX engine, or if it is due to the TTF format.

I suspect that in the process of converting the font, you may have
also re-encoded it, but without being able to examine the font
concerned it's difficult to be sure. I'm not aware of any fundamental
reason why you shouldn't be able to use a TT symbol font, but the
character encoding may not be what you're expecting.