[XeTeX] unicode euro symbol (€) in input file

Adam Twardoch (List) list.adam at twardoch.com
Tue Dec 22 00:31:18 CET 2009

Peter Dyballa wrote:
> What do you mean? That the € symbol always appears in a particular
> sans-serif shape as defined by the EU?

Which of course wouldn't be such a good idea since the "official EU
shape" is not suitable for any text use whatsoever. :) It's a logo.
Using a logo in the middle of the text is exactly that: using a logo in
the middle of the text. The official EU shape is not a real character.

A.

--

Adam Twardoch
| Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
| twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net

Reporter: "So what will your trip to Ireland look like?"
Lech Wałęsa: "I get into a car, then onto a plane, and then the other
way around."