[XeTeX] graphic filename in Chinese

Yue Wang yuleopen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 10:05:44 CEST 2009

Hi,

BTW, When XeTeX try to find my graphics or fonts specified in the
source (like my example above),
it usually search the disk for more than 1.5 minutes before throwing
the error message. Why?
(I state in the texmf.cnf very clearly that kpse should use ls-R to
search all directories:
TEXMF         =
{!!$TEXMFPROJECT,!!$TEXMFFONTS,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFCONTEXT,!!$TEXMFEXTRA,!!$TEXMFMAIN}
SYSTEXMF      = $TEXMF
and moreover, my texmf tree is very small, all ls-R files in
directories are only 60KB in total.
)

even if the right font/picture filename is given, the first xetex run
is still very slow. a simple example like
\usetypescript[iwona]
\setupbodyfont[iwona,ss,12pt]
\starttext
\dorecurse{20}{\input zapf}
\stoptext
will take 1.5 min to search the disk. second run also takes more than
10 seconds.

Why is it so slow?

Yue Wang