[XeTeX] graphic filename in Chinese

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Fri Apr 24 09:21:43 CEST 2009

> 2009/4/23 Yue Wang <yuleopen at gmail.com>:
> > On Windows, I already set the encoding to UTF-8.
> > The output log is get from TeXWorks. Windows' cmd cannot display that
> > (I am using the English version, but I doubt Chinese version cannot
> > display that either since Simplified Chinese version Windows use GBK
> > for cmd).

In my test,
\XeTeXpicfile "\344\275\240\345\245\275.jpg" \bye
can include the picture file without any problem
on windows. See an attached fname.tar.gz.
(I've written here the name with octal numbers, since
my mail program does not know utf8 encoding.)
Note that the file name must also be utf8.
The problem is that it is not easy to make a
file with utf8 name.

Best,
Akira