[XeTeX] TL2008 on Ubuntu

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 6 23:12:20 CEST 2009

The annoying thing with original TeXLive2008 installation on Ubuntu
(with its path in the beginning of the PATH definition) is that lmodern
is conflicting. When you have lmodern installed, you will have to have
tex-common installed *AND* lmodern is also in TexLive2008. However, the
lmodern files in TexLive2008 are not picked up by Inkscape, Scribus,
OpenOffice, etc. This would alsobe a reason to have good and up to date
Ubuntu packages solving these font conflicts/ambiguities or that fonts
are not accesible from other application. At least not out of the box
(read Ubuntu package ;))