[XeTeX] pre-loading fonts in the format?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Oct 25 23:18:11 CEST 2008

Am 25.10.2008 um 22:00 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:

> You mean Linux kernel module, right? ;-)

Well, actually I'd prefer the non-kernel from Solaris ...

So save time I'd use the standard set of PostScript fonts. They don't
need to be embedded in the produced PDF files. Another option is to
develop a strategy to live with small and fast loading fonts ... Life
might be faster with 100 small Unicode encoded fonts instead of one
Gargantuan Unicode encoded font supporting 100 blocks of which you
need just a dozen.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"No man was ever taken to hell by a woman unless he already had a
ticket in his pocket, or at least had been fooling around with
timetables."
				– Archie Goodwin