[XeTeX] public xelatex.fmt

maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Jun 4 20:51:56 CEST 2008

Bruno Voisin wrote:
> Of course, as pointed out by Jonathan, you may have shell
> initialization files adding another layer by redefining some of these
> environment variables, like TEXINPUTS. Unless you really know what
> you're doing, I would advise FWIW against this: the default setup in
> texmf.cnf is flexible enough for most cases.

Yes, that seems to be the secret.  Not sure why I set my TEXINPUTS
environment var in the first place; that was nearly a year ago, and my
memory is not that long these days.

So we're starting over without that environment variable, and we'll see
where it goes.

I also had the ff. two env vars set:
   TEXLIVE=/groups/tools/texlive/2007
   TEXMFMAIN=/groups/tools/texlive/2007/texmf
I assume the first one is still necessary, but it looks like the second
one is also set inside the texmf.cnf, and I should remove that from my
.bashrc as well.

Thanks to everyone for all the help!

   Mike Maxwell
   CASL/ U MD