[XeTeX] Problems with polyglossia

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Jan 31 17:16:12 CET 2008

On 30 Jan 2008, at 5:16 pm, Bert Trüger wrote:

> Hi,
>

> i am using texlive on Debian Sid. Polyglossia is installed to my user
> directory ~/.texmf/tex/xelatex/polgylossia. I regenerated the
> hyphenfiles for xelatex with: xetex -ini -etex -jobname=xelatex
> latex.ltx and copied xelatex.fmt to ~/.texmf-var/web2c.

This isn't quite right; the top-level file you should use is
xelatex.ini, not latex.ltx.

Unless the Debian packagers have done something quite different from
the original TeX Live, the easiest way to rebuild the format is with
"fmtutil --byfmt xelatex", which will read fmtutil.cnf to determine
the right options and input file to use.