[XeTeX] help with hyphenation

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Sun Feb 3 10:55:55 CET 2008

Adam Twardoch a écrit :
> I believe that Unicode characters in XeTeX should be treated "the
> Unicode way", including things like U+200D (zero-width joiner), U+200C
> (zero-width non-joiner), U+200F (RTL mark), all the U+20xx spaces and
> dashes.

I agree with that. Recently I was testing (in the context of Thai word
breaks automatically inserted by a preprocessor) whether U+200B (ZERO
WIDTH SPACE) would work in XeTeX: currently it does not. I had to use
something like "\hskip 0pt plus 5pt" instead. Of course one could make
\char"200b active and define it appropriately.