[XeTeX] Mysterious error

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Nov 29 14:42:13 CET 2007

On 28 Nov 2007, at 11:48 pm, Christos Chryssochoidis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to typeset a document with xelatex, and after writing some
> pages, in which I also insert some external pdf's made with MpToPdf, I
> 'm getting a mysterious error:
>
>> *** no 'post' table found, unable to re-encode font lmmi10
>
> (and in TeXShop console it also says something about 'broken pipe').
> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> I'm using XeTeX from MacTex-2007 on Mac OS X 10.5.1.

I'm not sure why this is happening, and don't have any free time to
investigate it right now. But you could try using xdvipdfmx in place
of xdv2pdf as the output driver; I'm guessing that may help.

At the command line, you'd use

     xelatex -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E" yourfile.tex

or in TeXShop, use the "XeLaTeX-xdvipdfmx" engine (see the TeXShop
documentation or list archives if you need to enable this).

HTH,