[XeTeX] Mysterious error

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Nov 29 11:55:11 CET 2007

Am 29.11.2007 um 06:48 schrieb Christos Chryssochoidis:

>> *** no 'post' table found, unable to re-encode font lmmi10

This could come from XeTeX trying to convert Latin Modern fonts in
PostScript Type 1 format to OpenType format – which might have failed
leading to the message cited below:

> (and in TeXShop console it also says something about 'broken pipe').
> Can anyone help me with this?

You can check in /Library/Caches/Type1-sfnt-fonts what XeTeX was able
to convert when.

The cure would be to install the OpenType versions of the Latin
Modern fonts in one of the Mac OS X font folders, for example in /
Library/Fonts, best in its own sub-folder. For this purpose the gwTeX
distribution had a routine to pack the different sets of Latin Modern
fonts into three font files in Apple's DFONT format ...

OTOH: there are a lot of OTF versions of TeX fonts freely available
(http://tug.org/fonts/), and none gets installed, yet?

--
Greetings

   Pete