[XeTeX] Emacs (X11) and XeTeX -- success

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at mac.com
Mon Feb 5 03:14:37 CET 2007

On Feb 4, 2007, at 5:22 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 04.02.2007 um 21:57 schrieb Stephen Moye:
>
>> I had simply to locate xetex and xelatex, and change these:
>>
>>   xetex "%(mode)\input %t"
>>   xelatex "%(mode)\input{%t}"
>>
>> to these:
>>
>>   xetex "%t"
>>   xelatex "%t"
>>
>> to arrive at a solution that works.
>

> No, Stephen, this won't work! Well, it /will/ work as long as the
> source is free of errors, but when XeTeX or XeLaTeX hit such an
> error, then they'll prompt for some input. Although it's possible to
> "input" something into AUCTeX's *output* buffer, this will /not/ be
> sent to XeTeX or XeLaTeX. The process will get stuck ...
>
> For human generated Xe(La)TeX files you'll need the -
> interaction=nonstopmode\input{<file name>.tex} option!
>

> Actually I am working with AUCTeX 11.84

SO am I...

> since recently and I have the
> feeling that it's particularly this version that does /not/ work. How
> is the -interaction=nonstopmode working on the command line for you?

On the command line, it seems to be OK. In emacs, it does not work,
alas... Still, it was nice to see
the file run through xelatex without a problem. As it happened, there
were no errors in it, so I did not run into the bug until later.

> One idea I had is to split the compound and to make it actually
>
> 	xe(la)tex -interaction=nonstopmode "<file name>"

I wondered about something like that -- xe(la)tex thinks that it is
looking for a file called 'interaction=nonstopmode'
which caused me to wonder about how this was handed off by emacs to xe
(la)tex...