[XeTeX] Emacs (X11) and XeTeX -- success

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Feb 4 23:22:55 CET 2007

Am 04.02.2007 um 21:57 schrieb Stephen Moye:

> I had simply to locate xetex and xelatex, and change these:
>
>   xetex "%(mode)\input %t"
>   xelatex "%(mode)\input{%t}"
>
> to these:
>
>   xetex "%t"
>   xelatex "%t"
>
> to arrive at a solution that works.

No, Stephen, this won't work! Well, it /will/ work as long as the
source is free of errors, but when XeTeX or XeLaTeX hit such an
error, then they'll prompt for some input. Although it's possible to
"input" something into AUCTeX's *output* buffer, this will /not/ be
sent to XeTeX or XeLaTeX. The process will get stuck ...

For human generated Xe(La)TeX files you'll need the -
interaction=nonstopmode\input{<file name>.tex} option!

Actually I am working with AUCTeX 11.84 since recently and I have the
feeling that it's particularly this version that does /not/ work. How
is the -interaction=nonstopmode working on the command line for you?
One idea I had is to split the compound and to make it actually

	xe(la)tex -interaction=nonstopmode "<file name>"

but I couldn't try it yet ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

For some reason, this fortune reminds everyone of Marvin Zelkowitz.