[XeTeX] XeTeX for Debian (was: Re: XeTeX Digest, Vol 32, Issue 6)

Loeghmon T. Nejad loeghmon at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 15:57:59 CET 2006

Christoph,

Thanks for your timely reply! Now I know why I am getting this many
error messages --that I cannot resolve by myself. Would you or other
list members here kindly help me regarding the following as well:

1- How can I remove (clean) the existing tetex and xetex from my debian
(etch)? I am not a particularly savvy Linux user at this stage, and
have no clue as how tetex-xetex directory tree and files look like (to
remove manually).

2- Should I preferably switch to TexLive (from tetex), for a brand new
installation of xetex? I hear that tetex is no longer maintained and
users are encouraged to consider TexLive instead.

3- Where can I find xetex RTL script specific commands and some
(Arabic-Persian) sample files?

Thank you all.

Regards,