[XeTeX] =?WINDOWS-1250?Q?Correct_LaTeX-logo_=96_how=3F?=

Joanna Rycko rycko at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sun May 7 13:16:39 CEST 2006

Hello one more time,

using XeLaTeX I wanted to typeset LaTeX or even TeX logo in my
document. But when the text is written in sans serif font, the both
logos are still in serif font.

I found the definitions of both TeX and LaTeX logos in a file
eplain.tex and copied them to my document (even if it's not the best
solution). It helped, but only a little bit. Now the logos are
typeset in sans serif, but the letter ‘A’ will be still typeset in
serif.

The definitions are:

\def\TeX{T\kern-.1667em\lower.5ex\hbox{E}\kern-.125emX\spacefactor1000 }
\def\LaTeX{L\kern-.36em\raise.3ex\hbox{\sc \uppercasesc a}\kern-.15em
\TeX}

XeLaTeX says, it doesn't know the \uppercasesc command, so I removed
it. The letter ‘A’ ist still typeset in sc and raised, but it's serif.

Jonathan, it would be fantastic, if you could embbed all the logos
(e.g. TeX, LaTeX, MP, AmSTeX and so on) into XeTeX, which will just
work.
But before it happens, could someone of you tell me how to typeset
those logos above correctly using any font?

Joanna