[XeTeX] Fedora Core 4 build success!

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 12:38:17 CEST 2006

On 07/06/2006, at 17:52 , Peter Dyballa wrote:

> In pure XeTeX or XeLaTeX you would need to declare
>
> 	\font\tenrm="Warnock\space Pro" at 10pt

Actually, I'm surprised you need the \space here...

> or use some NFSS2 based statements in XeLaTeX to choose a font, but
> the "mapping=tex-text" part is fontspec (as would be colour, old
> style figures, ...).

To be more precise, "fontspec.sty" is my LaTeX package for an
abstraction on top of the facilities provided by XeTeX, such as
mapping, colour, letterspacing (wait for it), and AAT/OpenType font
features. For Linux users, you can't use AAT features so the main
advantage there is being able to specify features by name and not by
OpenType feature code.

Will