[XeTeX] Fedora Core 4 build success!

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jun 7 13:01:17 CEST 2006

On 7 Jun 2006, at 11:38 am, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 07/06/2006, at 17:52 , Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> In pure XeTeX or XeLaTeX you would need to declare
>>
>> 	\font\tenrm="Warnock\space Pro" at 10pt
>
> Actually, I'm surprised you need the \space here...

You don't; that's only needed in NFSS contexts (.fd files or such
like.... it's all beyond me) where the space character has been given
an "ignored" catcode or something like that.

If

	\font\tenrm="Warnock Pro" at 10pt

in a simple XeTeX document doesn't work, then either that's not the
correct font name, or the font isn't actually installed where Mac OS
X or fontconfig (depending on platform) can see it, or something's
broken in XeTeX. I don't have Warnock Pro myself, so will have to
rely on others to figure out which of these may be the issue.