[XeTeX] fontsizes and interlinear space

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 23:16:41 CEST 2006

On 23/08/2006, at 4:06 , Jonathan Kew wrote:

> For example, rather than 12pt text on
> 14.5pt leading, you might want to use 12/15.5 or even 12/16pt. (I'm
> sure the experienced LaTeX users here can tell you an easy way to set
> this.)

\linespread{1.1} will increase the leading by 10%. Adjust to taste!
I've got this otherwise great book that was typeset with LaTeX, and the
authors made the unfortunate decision of using \theta for their state
variable. This wouldn't be a problem, of course, except that the term
$\dot{\hat \theta}$ occurs in paragraph text often in some sections,
totally ruining the baselineskips on the page. (Then since the page
had a
non-integer number of lines, extra space was added in between paragraphs
that normally wouldn't --- the whole thing was a mess.)

Will