[XeTeX] Adobe Type Classics fd files

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Sat Oct 16 22:59:30 CEST 2004

Hi Jon,

using your fd package with the Adobe Garamond Pro version that came with Illustrator CS, I noticed that I have the Bold typeface instead of Semibold, whereas you redefine the bold face in the osxpadx.fd to use the Semibold file:

\DeclareFontShape{OSX}{padx}{b}{n}%
     {<-> ssub * padx/sb/n}{}

 Just out of curiosity: Does the Typeclassics package only contain the Semibold face? And if so, why does Adobe distribute one package with Bold, the other with a Semibold face only?

Divide et impera, maybe?

- Jan
--
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.