[XeTeX] Re: XeTeX Digest, Vol 7, Issue 27

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Oct 13 17:27:33 CEST 2004

(Posted on behalf of Bruno, who's address is giving trouble just now.)

Le 13 oct. 04, à 16:54, Simon Spiegel a écrit :

> The Fink tree is indeed there (I didn't realize at the beginning that
> the local tree is supposed to be at ~/Library/texmf) but it's empty.
> The XeTeX installe installs its stuff there though.

Even though it's no longer there, Fink may have modified config files
such as

	/private/etc/csh.login  (for tcsh)
	/private/etc/profile  (for bash)

so as to add /sw and its bin and sbin subdirectories ahead of the
default paths. There may also be modifications left inside

	~/.login  (for tcsh)
	~/.profile  (for bash)

What's the output, in Terminal.app, of "echo $PATH"? For me that's

	legimc11:/usr/local brunovoisin$ echo $PATH
	/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/
powerpc-apple-darwin-current

The first four entries are standard, those in /usr/local are added by
Gerben's setup. Fink would add /sw additions ahead of the path,
DarwinPorts /opt additions at its end.

HTH,

Bruno