[TETEX 654] Re: Another problem with tetex/dvips

Thomas Esser TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 14:07:51 +0200

>  > > French people consider, after experiment, that TDS is NOT a good thing for
>  > > practical use [...]
> SR> i have been maintaining TeX since about 1986 on various systems, and i
> SR> can honestly say that the TDS (with Karl Berry's kpathsea which makes
> SR> it efficient) is by far the most important development to make the
> SR> process easier for me.
>
> AGREED! and i'm still French, as far as i know...

:-)

> (Who is reporting French people opinions? Was it the general opinion
>  at the last GUTenberg meetting at the end of May?)

As for your second question: I was at the GUTenberg meetting
as keynote speaker. Topics of my talk have been: teTeX, TeX Live CD
and *TDS*. As for the slides, see:
  http://www.informatik.uni-hannover.de/~te/talks/paris-96.05.29.ps.gz

I am not aware of such a "general opinion" about TDS at all.

Thomas