[Tugindia] TeX and Malayalam poetry

Sebin Jacob sebinajacob at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 08:33:58 CEST 2013

Dear Sir,

First of all, congratulations for the work. the tiddly version is
aesthetically superior.

I have a few doubts. I am a n00b and don't take me wrong. Here it goes:

   1. Are the fonts embedded in these three formats?
   2. As you may be aware, epub will not work in a kindle which uses some
   proprietary formats like .mobi and .azw Though pdf works there, the size
   difference between the breadth of the pdf and that of the kindle display
   make it difficult to read if the pdf is of image format. I downloaded the
   pdf you have provided and tried in my kindle. Its almost impossible to
   read. So my query is that, whether it is possible to provide a textual pdf
   with font embedded, that works in kindle? Using textual format in pdf is
   possible for English. But they do not support Malayalam unicode fonts. Is
   there a way to circumvent this limitation?
   3. Can I get trained in using xetex for malayalam? I mean, is there any
   facility likewise, available here? I stay in Thiruvananthapuram. Though I
   have xetex and kile installed in my system that runs a kde distro, chakra
   gnu/linux, the compilation fails in rendering properly. How can it be
   corrected?
   4. Can i have a look at the source file, you have created?

Thank you,

Sebin Abraham Jacob