[Tugindia] tugindia Digest, Vol 58, Issue 4

cdatta at dataone.in cdatta at dataone.in
Wed Oct 17 17:53:07 CEST 2007

Continuing with  what has been written so far, I would think that Latex does accept pdf figures directly.  i use xfig to create a figure, save it with a  .fig extn, and also export it as a figure with a .ps or .eps or a .pdf  extension, according to my requirement.  Then use \usepackage{graphicx}  in the preamble and use in the tex file where the figure is to appear

\begin{figure}
\includegraphics{figurename.pdf}
\end{graphics}

and use pdflatex to generate a file with .pdf extension.

I find xfig program to be very versatile. Maybe XFIG is available for windows also.  However, I use tetex under linux

C. Datta