[Tugindia] Re: changing section counter display

amitabhtrehan at softhome.net amitabhtrehan at softhome.net
Thu Jul 10 02:38:45 CEST 2003

Well,
The thing below is simply the title of the article (or what is actually a
chapter(=Unit) of a book. So it has to come as such with hrules which I can
do with maketitle prob. except I need to left align the word 'Unit'.
Below this the TOC should start and since this is chapter 4 in the book
(which is not going to be in TeX unfortunately) I need the numbering to be
adjusted so that 4 is prefixed to everything. hope this makes it more clear.

> I don't get it. Can you please explain a bit more?
>
>>  hence I need something like this
>> Unit 4    TeX Technology
>
> Is the name "Unit" to be typeset
yes.

> and do you want the rules above and below
> the title in both the text and the table of contents?
only text.

regds,
Amitabh