[Tugindia] Unknown problem please help

vikram balaji tayirvadai at yahoo.co.in
Fri Dec 26 18:42:12 CET 2003

hi,
I downloaded the .tex files from the site tug.org.in
(Tutorial pages).When i ran "tex chap01.tex" some
error poped up.These are the error
! Undefined control sequence.
l.1 \documentclass
                  [a4paper,twoside] {tugindia}

instead of any text in it the following lines were
found on the dvi file

[a4paper,twoside]
{tugindia}{headings}[screen,rightpanel,paneltoc,code]
{fiscreen}{.95}{anysize}marginsize{1.75in}{1.5in}{1in}{1in}

can any one help me in fixing the problem.If it works
well on any system please inform me.
I'm curious to know what is wrong in this.Also some
other .tex files also give the same comment.
bye
vikram