[tldistro] [tlbuild] problems with synctex - warning to others

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Thu Apr 19 05:22:49 CEST 2018

Norbert,

Thank you for the very detailed reply. Very helpful. What a shock!

I updated TeXShop's code to the latest version of the parser code and compiled. It compiled without errors and seems to run fine; synctex works in TeXLIve 2018 using the updated parser. Since the old version also seems to work, this doesn't matter much to me; I can update TeXShop a few days after the TeX Live release, just to be sure.

Thus I will relax and enjoy reading further discussion. Of course if the TeX Live 2018 build is reopened and the actual synctex code in the various engines changes, I'll get excited again.

Dick Koch