[tldistro] texlive2012 approaching

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue May 29 01:57:17 CEST 2012

Hi TL distro folk,

I just want to add a few things that might be important, if you
haven't followed recent changes closely.

The most profound change is that
	updmap
ha changed its operation mode. It now reads *ALL* updmap.cfg files
it finds.

That means, you don't need to merge updmap.cfg as distributed
and created by the lcoal sysadmin anymore.

If you are interested in details, please don't hesitate to ask,
you can also look into the Debian packages that are shipping
this updmap since quite some time (all packages with versions > 2009,
ie from 2011 on).

Other changes are only tlmgr related, so I guess that these are of
not so much impact for you.

Best wishes

Norbert